Nestled in the upmarket suburb of Dogok, Seoul, sits our newly opened reinvention of Emart’s Star Super, the SSG Food Market.
The brief was to create a world class supermarket and food hall fusion, and we were entrusted to redesign every detail of the new store experience.
"Customers are raving about the complete transformation of the space, product assortment and service quality. Especially the neighbours said SSG Dogok is the new must go place in Seoul. They appreciate Emart for creating such a pleasant and premium grocery shopping destination. Thanks to you and your team."
SSG Food Market (Emart)- Seoul
We have designed a convenient and accessible food lover’s heaven, where locals can do a daily or weekly shop, or dine at one of the many in-store restaurants and cafes. Attracting a newer younger audience, whilst rewarding its existing, the SSG Food Market is a community epicentre to meet, eat and shop in, throughout the day.
Emart is the leading business of the Shinsegae group, the largest retailer in South Korea, operating multiple brands including department stores, discount to premium supermarkets, and the mighty Emart hypermarkets.
Seoul, South Korea
4,000 square metres
Food, Hospitality, Retail
Brand Strategy, Naming, Identity Evolution, Master Planning, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Signage, Wayfinding, Ticketing, POS, Packaging, Uniforms, Tone of Voice, Copywriting, Brand Guidelines and Fit-out Guidelines
- 2020 Australian Graphic Design Association (AGDA) Finalist, Spatial Design Wayfinding, Signage & Environmental Graphics
- 2019 INDE. Design Award Shortlisted ‘The Shopping Space’
- 2019 IDA Design Award Gold Winner, Print Wayfinding & Environmental Graphics
- 2019 Retail Design Institute of America Class of 2019
- 2019 Retail Design Institute of America Innovation, Environmental Graphic Design
- 2019 Retail Design Institute of America Innovation, Store Planning